Do you have any of the following symptoms?
- Having difficulty relaxing
- Avoiding others
- Low energy
- Upset stomach, including diarrhoea, constipation and nausea
- Aches, pains, and tense muscles
- Chest pain and rapid heartbeat
- Frequent colds and infections
- Loss of sexual desire and/or ability
- Nervousness and shaking, ringing in the ear
- Cold or sweaty hands and feet
- Excess sweating
- Clenched jaw and grinding teeth
- Constant worrying
- Racing thoughts
- Forgetfulness and disorganisation
- Inability to focus
- Eating too much or too little
- Increased use of alcohol, drugs or cigarettes
- Nail biting, fidgeting and pacing.
Today I have managed to summarise all of my health complaints and conclude that I have chronic stress. I’ve also managed to create a fear of type 2 diabetes, as my research suggested long term stress causes medical conditions such as this. They say it’s never healthy for your mind to self diagnose, but it saved me the hassle of waiting four weeks for a GP appointment. WebMD successfully managed to stop me from drinking Coke and eating chocolate as per my weekly Sunday evening routine of sugar intake to forget work in the morning, so it can’t be all bad.
I would normally soldier through but days had passed and several issues, physical and mental, arose which were clearly all connected but how I couldn’t figure out without my own research. I don’t like alcohol or smoking as stress relief, unfortunately I use food, mostly sugar to cheer myself up but as it’s only temporary stress relief I go back to that fridge for some more, hence the fear of diabetes.
The cause of my stress is the responsibilities and excessive workload from my current job, and today for the first time I genuinely feel that it is killing me from the inside. Tomorrow I shall be seeking herbal stress remedies until I can see a real doctor about my situation.[source:WebMD.boots.com]